Friday, May 2, 2014

It's Friday!

1) I came down with some kind of cold or virus this week and had a pretty bad sore throat. I desperately wanted something cold ( sore throats are the WORST in my opinion. I'd actually take throwing up to a sore throat and I'm a complete baby about it) and I'd normally run to the store and grab a box of popsicles BUT I wanted to stay on track with my healthy eating SO...I made some! They we'd so easy. All I did was purée different. Fruits and pour them into Popsicle molds. And yes those are piggy and kitty Popsicle molds. Young at heart ;) I did strawberry, pineapple, kiwi, and raspberry. Delicious. 

2) Me and my friend Lindsay grabbed a couple passion iced teas from starbucks and went to a local park to walk, talk, and just catch up. As we made our way around we noticed all these machines stationed around the park. They installed outdoor exercise equipment! I love it! There's about 10 different machines working everything from abs to arms and there's even a elliptical-esque type thing as well. 
3) I haven't mentioned this on the blog yet but I'm an Ambassador for Noonday Collection. Noonday provides pathways out of poverty for artisans all over the world by providing dignified jobs at livable wages, emergency assistance, scholarship programs and more. They do this by creating a market place for the beautiful jewlery and accesories the artisans create.This company began as a fundraiser for an adoption (and continues to be used as such) and has grown into so much more and is truly doing a great amount of good around the world! I became an ambassador last year but due to some unforeseen circumstances was not able to devote as much time to it as I'd planned. I'm happy to say that I'm back in the game and ready to tell these artisan's stories! My samples came in this week and I've partnered with some wonderful women who truly have a heart for what Noonday is doing and want to spread the word by hosting shows in their home. I'm so excited!!! To learn more about Noonday please click on the link below :)

http://brittainytanner.noondaycollection.com


4) I have been really inspired by Carrie Grace on IG @carolinegshop lately. Her mission is to POUR out the love on people and she does it so well! She's one of those people who you can just see that her whole heart is in it and I want to be like that. I've been praying for God to open my eyes to the opportunities all around me to show love to people and praise Jesus, He has! I don't say this to toot my own horn but to just tell you how amazing it feels to know that you brightened someone's day, that you made it a little easier TODAY. It may not be big and it really doesn't have to be but  it can mean so much to that person. 

Me and my husband saw someone we knew today and asked them how they were doing expecting to hear the usual "oh fine" but instead the sweet lady just poured out the burdens she was carrying and I could see the weariness in her eyes. I could feel the spirit say, this is it! DO something. We gave her a hug and said our goodbys and promptly set out to create a cheer up package. We found Godiva chocolates, a candle, pretty hand lotions, and a Chapstick and packaged it up pretty. I had found a flower on the ground while we were shopping for plants and stuck it in the bag as well. We grabbed a diet coke (her favorite) and headed back to the store to drop it off. We she saw us come in, with  
bag in hand, and her face just lit up. It was just wonderful. I never want to get so occupied with my own life and problems that I forget to look for the hurting around me and make it a priority to do something, even if it's just a smile or a hug. Let them know you care. 
5) I started a 31 day scripture challenge on IG yesterday and I'm so excited to see where the month of May will lead me! It was amazing what God revealed to my heart in just one day let alone 31! I hope this will create the habit of spending time in God's word everyday, even if it's only for five minutes. If you want to follow along, the hashtag is #lampandlight and was created by @kristinschmucker. 

Hope you all had a wonderful week! I'd love to hear about them :)


2 comments:

  1. I just recently started making my own popsicles and love them. I hope you feel better soon! I have enjoyed exploring your blog, I found it from the link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good! I'd love to try out more recipes, maybe yogurt ones, and thank you! I'm feeling a lot better :) Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, I'm still really new at this and every comment is an encouragement!!! ❤️

      Delete