Friday, March 14, 2014

High Five For Friday


Just stopping in to share the highlights of my week. It's been a big mix of exciting and terrifying. I'll list the good stuff but I also would like to share a couple prayer requests. My mother-in-law has had issue with blood clots ever since her heart attack about 10 years ago. This past Tuesday she went to the ER and they found a small on in her right leg. They put her on blood thinners and she is ok now but please pray for healing and strength to get her through. She has a hard time walking as it is and uses a cane because of a clot in her left leg so it's going to be yet another hindrance on her mobility. But God is good and he will get her through. ON THE SAME DAY my grandma called me crying saying she was going to pick me up with papa. Me and my husband jumped in their car not knowing what was going on, terrified. She had been sick with what she thought was a sinus infection for about a week but wasn't getting better with antibiotics. In the car she could barely say two words together. She was so weak and out of breath and apparently it happened all of the sudden. SO to the ER we went. She was there for about 6 hours and by the end was feeling a little better but with no answers as to what caused her fatigue. She is going to her follow up today and all prayers would be appreciated.  WHEW! now on to the fun stuff:

1) Me and my friend go to go see Casablanca at a 3 story theater in downtown Birmingham this week! Apparently it was Turner Classic Movie's 20th anniversary and to celebrate they decided to do a special showing of Casablanca. They chose 8 theaters around the country and thankfully one was only an hour away! I'm a huge fan of all things 40's and we grew up on old movies so it was especially cool to see it on the big screen. And it was fun to drive around Birmingham afterwards too, I definitely want to go back and explore.

2) I put my Easter decorations up! I love decorating for all seasons and create little traditions to go with the decorating to make it extra special. For Halloween it's cinnamon bread and watching the nightmare before Christmas or Young Frankenstein, Christmas is hot chocolate and the Muppet Christmas Carol, and Easter is all about Cadbury eggs and Easter Parade. Also, I love throwing back the curtains and opening the windows to get a real taste of spring time and was thinking that would definitely be out of the question this year BUT lo and behold it was 50 degrees! Bam. Perfect Easter decorating weather.

3) Tea! I found this awesome tea at Homegoods and it just makes me happy. Me and my nana always drink tea when we're visiting so I'm excited to see what she thinks of it.

4) My mom's in town!!! She planned a surprise trip up here with my little sister Bliss to visit my grandma after her ordeal earlier this week and I'm so excited! I haven't seen her since Christmas and I'm looking forward to some quality mommy time this weekend. This pic was taken when she got in last night at 10:30 pm. Needless to say we were all in prime condition ;)

5) PI DAY IS TODIZZLE! I'm throwing a Pi day party (3/14, get it?) today in potluck fashion where all the guests bring a different pie. And were having pizza pie. so excited.

Happy weekend!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment